i have gotten so many positive comments about these muffins and they truly are wonderful! We had a 10 day project recently in Moscow and I knew I was going to busy from early in the morning until late at night, so I baked up some of these babies for a fast and healthy breakfast option. I literally couldn’t wait to eat breakfast everyday! My friend Kelly said they tasted like they were from a bakery and my friend Robi who l am living with in Hungary right now, said a couple times, “You know you could bake those again, right?” Heehee.
I hope YOU’LL bake some soon!
Banana Zucchini Flax Muffins from Martha
- 1 & 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (льняное семя)
- 1 cup lightly packed light-brown sugar (if you don’t have or can’t find packed brown sugar, use regular brown sugar or white sugar mixed with 1 Tablespoon honey or molasses to give it some moisture)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (from 1 large zucchini)
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana (from 1 large banana)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or one small packet vanilla sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat muffin pans with butter or margarine or a little oil or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ground flaxseed, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add zucchini and banana and stir to combine.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and vanilla. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined (do not overmix).
4. Divide batter among about 18 muffins cups in the pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until too thick or knife when inserted comes out clean from the muffins.
Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.