We have a weekly Bible study with some women on our team once a week. We usually move around to different people’s houses, but for the past 6 weeks or so we’ve been having it at my apartment because I haven’t been able to get around too well due the my leg cast. If you want information about that –email me – its a long story that has nothing to do with cookingdevushki. So we always have something yummy to snack on during Bible study, and I had made it my mission to bake something different every single week. I made blueberry muffins, lemon poppyseed muffins, cinnamon bun-bread, my favorite scones, and finally these marble-chocolate muffins. We all agreed that THIS recipe was one for the blog – even though the other ones were good too. Thanks to The Crepes of Wrath for this amazing recipe. Enjoy!
Marble Chocolate Muffins
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled a bit
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large bowl.
3. Beat together the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix the wet ingredients in until just moistened.
4. Divide the batter into two bowls. Add the cocoa powder into one of the bowls and mix it together.
5. Alternate adding in the chocolate and vanilla batter into the muffin cups. Add a teaspoon of chocolate or vanilla, then a teaspoon of vanilla or chocolate, then another teaspoon of chocolate or vanilla. When they bake, they will melt into each other and “marbleize”.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until just barely golden brown on top. Allow to cool completely before removing. Makes about 12 muffins.