Sorry for such a long wait for new recipes. I’ll be posting some goodies in the next few days! Here is my most favorite salsa recipe. My team in Moscow can vouch for it’s tastiness and I have been berated as of late for not posting this recipe on the blog! 🙂 Pioneer Woman comes through for us again with this one. And it’s so customizable! Don’t like cilantro? Leave it out (Rachel!) Need some extra spice? Add some extra red peppers or jalapenos!
Hope you enjoy!
Pioneer Woman Salsa! (slightly adapted for use in Russia!)
- 48 oz. (1360 g.) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 small can Green Chilies (if you don’t have green chilies, just use some extra peppers for spice)
- ¼ C. Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Jalapenos (or spicy red peppers), Quartered And Sliced Thin. Add more for extra spice. (you can use more or less, depending on how spicy you want it.)
- ¼ tsp. Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Salt (more to taste!)
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cumin (more to taste!)
- ½ C. Cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
Combine tomatoes, chilies, onion, jalapeno/pepper, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 8-10 pulses, because I like mine chunky. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips.