Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted some recipes! The semester has just gotten away from me! But now that we are in holiday time I have bit more free time in my schedule! So I will be posting some good stuff in the coming days!
So I looove this stir fry! It is quick and easy and so yummy! Make it tonight! I enjoy it with pork, but I’m sure it would be good with beef or chicken too.
Pork and Veggie Stir-Fry with Cashew Rice adapted from Cooking Light
- 3/4 C. uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/3 C. chopped green onions
- 1/4 C. cashews, salted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 C. chicken broth
- 2 TBS. cornstarch, divided
- 3 TBS. soy sauce, divided
- 2 TBS. honey
- 1 lb. (453g) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 TBS. oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen asian veggie mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. dry ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed (can be frozen)
- 1 chopped red bell pepper (about 1)
- Cook the rice. Stir in green onions, cashews, and salt. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine 2/3 cup chicken broth, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine pork, remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a bowl, tossing well to coat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add asian veggies, snap peas, and 1 cup onion; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add bell pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute. Stir in pork; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Serve over cashew rice.