Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Two Peas and their Pod
2 & 1/8 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
12 TBS. butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1 large whole egg + 1 large egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. chocolate chips
1. Melt the better and put it in the fridge to cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour cookie dough into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Bake cookie bars for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and serve.