There’s something about cranberry and orange together, isn’t there? This bread kinda reminds me of the “Best Lemon Bread in the World.” Except we’re exchanging lemon for orange and adding in dried cranberries. Perfect for the holidays or really anytime! I could eat this bread in the middle of July! 🙂
- 3/4 C. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4. C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. orange juice
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 TBS. freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C. AP flour
- 1/2 TBS. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. dried cranberries
- 1 C. powdered sugar (for the glaze)
- 3 -4 TBS. orange juice (for the glaze)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter or spray one loaf pan with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add orange juice, sour cream, orange zest, and vanilla; mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture and cranberries to wet ingredients, and mix just until dry ingredients are absorbed. (Do not overmix.)
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers of bread comes out clean, 70-75 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and 7 tablespoons orange juice. (Glaze should have consistency of thick syrup. If it is too thick, thin with an additional tablespoon of orange juice.)
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a cooling rack set over a large baking sheet. Poke holes in the top of the bread using a fork. Drizzle with glaze so that it coats the top, runs down the sides, and seeps through the holes.
- Let bread cool completely, then slice and serve.
P.S. Want that awesome looking monkey bread pictured in the background above? I have never posted a recipe for monkey bread on here before because I figured everyone in the world knows how to make it! But if you really want to make it – like – AMAZING – I.E. without using refrigerated biscuits – UGH! – the recipe is here! Come on, you know you want to try it! 🙂