I’ve recently started a little journey to get a bit healthier, move more, and drop some extra pounds. But for someone who just loves to bake (fo myself and others), I wanted to be creative about finding ways to still get to enjoy that part of my life,while at the same time making wise eating choices. I recently made this Oatmeal Banana Bread from the Weight Watchers website. I just loved it. So yummy and wholesome and good! Now, I wouldn’t exactly call it celery, but a slice a day paired with a banana was a pretty healthy breakfast for me. 🙂
Oatmeal Banana Bread from Weight Watchers
- 1 1/4 C. flour
- 1/2 C. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 3 large bananas, ripe, mashed
- 1 C. uncooked oats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add oil and egg to the dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
3. Add mashed bananas and oatmeal to batter.
4. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
5. Pour batter into pan and bake until top of loaf is firm to touch, 45 to 55 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Flip out and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes.