Here is another comfort food meal for you. I really love to make this for new mom’s to pop in the oven for an easy weeknight meal, or when newbies come to Russia for the first time and need a taste of home. 🙂 Mmm, just thinking about it is making me hungry!
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
adapted from the Pioneer Woman
- 2 lb. ground beef or pork or turkey….whatever you feel like having
- 22.5 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 12 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Grated cheddar, colby jack, or other cheese that you like.
- more salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat Oven to 350. Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Brown ground meat in a large skillet. Drain fat from the meat then add the tomato sauce, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and mix.
4. To assemble, add half of the noodles to a 13×9 baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.